BMO Capital Markets upgraded shares of Visteon Corp (NYSE: VC) following its visit to the company's headquarters last week. The firm clarified that the visit increased the confidence it has in the management's ability to hit its long-term sales and profit targets of $4.7 billion in sales and 14-percent growth in EBITDA by 2021.
Analyst Richard Carlson noted that Visteon has been booking business at a very high rate since CEO Sachin Lawande joined the company in June 2015, with many of the wins under Lawande still not a meaningful portion of the revenues currently.
The analyst expects bookings to remain well above the revenue run rate for the foreseeable future and ...
The Utilities SPDR (ETF) (NYSE: XLU) is up more than 10 percent so far in 2017, but utility stocks may have finally exhausted their positive momentum. Goldman Sachs analyst Michael Lapides has downgraded the utilities sector from Neutral to Cautious and says valuation is becoming a concern.
Absolute PE ratios in the utility sector are back at peak cyclical levels, and relative valuation metrics compared to the rest of the S&P 500 are also near peak levels, Lapides wrote in the downgrade note. Finally, despite the outperformance in the market, earnings growth remains in the typical range.
“With the utility sector index roughly 10% higher than YE 2016 levels and having outperformed ...
Coach Inc (NYSE: COH)’s amazing turnaround this year continues; Buckingham Research Group analyst Scott Krasik upgraded the stock from Neutral to Buy with a price target raised 24 percent from $45 to $58.
Coach shares spiked 2.1 percent to $47.70 quickly after Monday’s open before pulling back slightly to around $47.30.
The stock is up nearly 35 percent this year and is back to levels last seen in April 2014.
Buckingham’s Bull Case
Krasik said Coach has significantly outperformed the SPDR S&P Retail (ETF) (NYSE: XRT) this year, which is down 9.6 ...
Over the past five sessions, DryShips Inc. (NASDAQ: DRYS) has traded down 64 percent, and the Vetr community has upgraded the stock from 1 to 2.5 stars.
Since the beginning of the year, DryShips ...
- Buckingham upgraded Coach Inc (NYSE: COH) from Neutral to Buy. Coach shares rose 1.26 percent to $47.30 in pre-market trading.
- Analysts at Raymond James upgraded Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ: COST) from Market Perform to Outperform. Costco shares gained 0.92 percent to $158.57 in pre-market trading.
- Analysts at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey upgraded Berry Global Group Inc (NYSE: BERY) from Hold to Buy. Berry Global shares dropped 0.59 percent to close at $57.04 on Friday.
- BMO Capital upgraded Visteon Corp (NYSE: VC) from Market Perform to Outperform. Visteon shares gained 1.11 percent to close at $95.91 on Friday.
- Analysts at Goldman Sachs upgraded PPL Corp (NYSE: PPL) from Sell to Neutral. PPL shares fell 0.49 percent to close at $38.83 on Friday.
- Pacific Crest upgraded Pandora Media Inc (NYSE: P) from Underweight to Sector Weight. Pandora shares gained 3.26 percent to $8.55 in pre-market trading.
- Goldman Sachs upgraded Duke Energy Corp (NYSE: DUK) from Neutral to Buy. Duke Energy shares rose 0.65 percent to $86.52 in pre-market trading.
- Analysts at Telsey Advisory Group upgraded Childrens Place Inc (NASDAQ: PLCE) from Market Perform to Outperform. Children's Place shares rose 1.41 percent to close at $96.95 on Friday.
- Analysts at Morgan Stanley downgraded GrubHub Inc (NYSE: GRUB) from Overweight to Equal-Weight. GrubHub shares fell 3.56 percent to $46.00 in pre-market trading.
- Goldman Sachs ...
Needham upgraded shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ: VRTX) from Hold to Buy, with a price target of $155. The price target, according to the firm, is based on 25 times its estimated earnings per share for 2022, discounted 20 percent annually.
- Favorability of the triple regimen program's potential for success.
- Cystic Fibrosis landscape continuing to favor Vertex, given the substantial lead it has in the market.
The Triple Program
The triple program is with respect to its CF treatment candidates, which are being studied along with tezacaftor, or VX-661, and ivacaftor for treating certain mutations of the gene that cause CF.
The analysts noted that four candidates are in clinical testing, namely VX440, VX152, VX659 ...
Catalysts On The Horizon For Metals & Mining Group; Deutsche Bank Upgrades, US Steel, AK Steel To Buy
After a rough start to 2017, steel investors may have a better go of it in the second half of the year. Deutsche Bank analyst Jorge Beristain has upgraded a handful of steel and aluminum stocks and is now constructive on steel prices following a sluggish second quarter. U.S. hot-rolled coil prices declined 9 percent in the second quarter, potentially masking a 4-percent year-to-date uptick in apparent steel demand based on increasing U.S. economic activity.
In addition to rising demand, supportive trade policy could also serve as a positive catalyst for steel prices, Beristain said.
“We believe underlying demand will recover and imports subside once Section 232 is formerly released (end-June last timeline) and signed into law by President Trump soon after (between 0 and 105 days),” Beristain wrote.
Related Link: A ...
The Vetr community has upgraded Pepsico, Inc. (NYSE: PEP) from 2.5 to 3 stars. The company’s shares have traded up nearly 5 percent over the last three months, fueled by a ...
The company’s non-GAAP diluted EPS rose 10 percent year-over-year to $0.89 and revenue rose 3 percent to $10.95 billion, both being strong beats.
Oracle’s Q4 cloud sales were also up 58 percent to $1.4 billion. The segment serves as the base for Bonner’s bull thesis.
“Oracle’s primary execution task is now to accelerate the conversion of its blue chip customer base to the cloud,” said Bonner in a note.
Fiscal 2018 could be tipping point for cloud revenue growth outpacing on-premise ...
- Argus upgraded Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL) from Hold to Buy. Oracle shares fell 0.48 percent to $50.06 in pre-market trading.
- Analysts at Deutsche Bank upgraded AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE: AKS) from Hold to Buy. AK Steel shares gained 4.13 percent to $6.56 in pre-market trading.
- Analysts at Needham upgraded Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ: VRTX) from Hold to Buy. Vertex Pharmaceuticals shares gained 1.44 percent to $137.48 in pre-market trading.
- Deutsche Bank upgraded RH (NYSE: RH) from Hold to Buy. RH shares gained 2.70 percent to $58.18 in pre-market trading.
- Analysts at Bank of America upgraded Prologis Inc (NYSE: PLD) from Neutral to Buy. Prologis shares fell 0.71 percent to close at $57.64 on Thursday.
- BMO Capital upgraded Bemis Company, Inc. (NYSE: BMS) from Market Perform to Outperform. Bemis shares gained 0.56 percent to $45.15 in pre-market trading.
- Deutsche Bank upgraded United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) from Hold to Buy. United States Steel shares rose 2.75 percent to $21.65 in pre-market trading.
- Analysts at Aegis Capital upgraded Versum Materials Inc (NYSE: VSM) from Hold to Buy. Versum Materials shares rose 0.50 percent to close at $31.90 on Thursday.
- JP Morgan downgraded Leju Holdings Ltd (ADR) (NYSE: LEJU) from Neutral to Underweight. Leju Holdings shares rose 2.93 percent to close at $2.46 on Thursday.
- Analysts at Morgan Stanley downgraded Ocular Therapeutix Inc (NASDAQ: OCUL) ...
“Although we believe the company's business model remains broken and the potential for a turn remains limited, in our view, the company's net cash of over $2 per share, dividend yield of almost 7 percent and reports that management has received takeover offers for the business tilts the risk/reward to move us once again to the sidelines,” said Beder.
Suggesting it might be time for investors to board Southwest Airlines Co (NYSE: LUV), Argus upgraded the shares of the company. The firm predicated its view on the company continuing to develop strategies that deliver growth.
Commendable Growth Strategies
Analyst David Coleman noted the management's attempt at lowering non-fuel operating costs and generating additional sources of revenue. The company also expanded its service and recently implemented a $500 million reservation system, the analyst added. The improved system, according to the company, would augment its earnings ...
Although Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) shares have traded down about 8 percent over the last month, the Vetr community has upgraded the stock from 3 to 3.5 stars. The company’s first-quarter earnings report two months ago showed a 43 percent beat on the EPS estimate.
- RBC Capital upgraded CarMax, Inc (NYSE: KMX) from Sector Perform to Outperform. CarMax shares rose 0.83 percent to close at $59.74 on Wednesday.
- Analysts at Wedbush upgraded Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL) from Neutral to Outperform. Oracle shares gained 11.37 percent to $51.60 in pre-market trading.
- Analysts at Guggenheim upgraded Splunk Inc (NASDAQ: SPLK) from Neutral to Buy. Splunk shares rose 1.87 percent to $58.20 in pre-market trading.
- Argus upgraded Southwest Airlines Co (NYSE: LUV) from Hold to Buy. Southwest shares gained 1.20 percent to $61.76 in pre-market trading.
- Societe Generale upgraded Edgewell Personal Care Co (NYSE: EPC) from Hold to Buy. Edgewell Personal Care shares dropped 0.88 percent to close at $75.05 on Wednesday.
- Analysts at BMO Capital upgraded Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT) from Underperform to Market Perform. Brinker shares dropped 2.43 percent to close at $36.93 on Wednesday.
- B. Riley upgraded Infinera Corp. (NASDAQ: INFN) from Neutral to Buy. Infinera shares declined 0.71 percent to close at $11.18 on Wednesday.
- Analysts at Wunderlich upgraded Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (NYSE: ANF) from Sell to Hold. Abercrombie & Fitch shares declined 1.39 percent to close at $12.05 on Wednesday.
- Barclays upgraded Actuant Corporation (NYSE: ATU) from Underweight to Equal-Weight. Actuant shares dropped 3.89 percent to close at $22.25 ...
Paypal Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) shares have traded up over $10 over the last three months, and the Vetr community has upgraded the stock from 3 to 3.5 stars.
Most of the company’s growth came after a positive first quarter earnings report in ...